- Dr. Ralf Speth, Jaguar Land Rover CEO voted “MANBEST 2013”
The brilliantly simple Chevrolet MyLink voted “SMARTBEST 2013”
The new Chevrolet Trax, Hyundai i10, the new European Mitsubishi Space Star, Nissan Note and Peugeot 2008 are the five finalists for the AUTOBEST 2014 competition. The jury will have a final assessment in the first decade of December and will vote just on time for December 15-th to announce the winner.
Before, by November 28/29-th, the AUTOBEST Jury will go on NAVAK proving ground near Belgrade, Serbia for the Final 5 test. “We are already in the third year in row performing one of the most relevant, complex drive tests in the motoring media. Every manufacturer present to this event noticed the high quality of NAVAK center and the very professional approach of our Jury members” stated Ilia Seliktar, President of the AUTOBEST Jury.
- “MANBEST 2013” is going to Dr. Ralf Speth . The Jury voted unanimously in favor of Jaguar Land Rover CEO for his successful strategy that boosts the image and sales of company brands all over the world. This year was one of the best in JLR history. “Dr Speth is one of the most successful executives we have in the industry. Under his leadership, JLR turned from a company with many issues to a miracle of the auto industry. He proved that both Jaguar and Land Rover are full of potential with extraordinary new highly competitive models and designed a business model with impressive profits.“ appreciate Dan Vardie, Autobest organization Chairman.
- Ian Callum, Jaguar design director been elected “DESIGNBEST 2013”. The Jury was highly impressed by his last creation, the F-TYPE. A sports car true to Jaguar’s design values, beauty of line and purity of form. Moreover, how he reinterpreted in a modern version the sports vision of the brand is an extraordinary proposition. The award is also paying tribute to his outstanding work dedicated to rebuild the entire design language of Jaguar, introducing a modern interpretation of a one of kind history only Jaguar can come with.
- “ECOBEST 2013” award is going to Fiat CNG program which puts in practice a much simpler solution, affordable and less pollutant than any other fuel. Its practicability degree recommends it as a viable and reliable technology, easy to apply and with interesting resources. Fiat proved that CNG is here and today, a simple solution available almost everywhere. In “competition” with other green technologies, in any rational analyses the CNG vehicles can only be the first choice.
- Chevrolet MyLink is the winner of “SMARTBEST 2013”, an award introduced last year, as a first in European motoring media. Thanks to this innovative, simple and very affordable technology, all passengers enjoy theirs favorite music or news programs, speak to friends or family while driving. Chevrolet MyLink brings through a smartphone all infotainment facilities into the car, from the navigation system to your miles away favorite radio station.
- This year’s, SAFETYBEST, TECHNOBEST, COMPANYBEST and SPORTBEST awards will be announced mid-December in conjunction with AUTOBEST 2014 winner announcement.
AUTOBEST organization is the only international independent jury focusing on “best buy” cars available on the European markets. To become an AUTOBEST winner, a car must be the best offer for the average customer. Price, service network, spare parts distribution and versatility are the most important criteria in the voting process. Design and new high-tech gadgets are also coming in line as important criteria’s for voting. AUTOBEST is using a transparent voting system, with a complex matrix of 13 criteria in deciding the winner. Launched more than 12 years ago, AUTOBEST “best buy car” profound philosophy is even more valid today –in a shrinking European markets- than it was a decade ago.
The AUTOBEST Jury is also paying attention to the efforts that automotive industry is making. Investments, new automotive job opportunities for the people in AUTOBEST region, spending funds for ecological initiatives, the support for different regions of Europe are carefully checked and appreciated by the Jury.
For this year, AUTOBEST members of the Jury are coming from 15 European countries and represent a virtual market with more than 300 million people. Each member of the Jury is an outstanding motoring journalist, a respected voice in his country. AUTOBEST is the second largest independent motoring Jury of Europe.